Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ADSR4 - Challenge #12 - Storytellers

ADSR: CHALLENGE 12 -- {we are} storytellers

Racers, welcome to {we are} storytellers! You are certainly on the home stretch now! Congratulations to all those that are participating. We are sure you've preserved many memories along the road.

This challenge is an INTERSECTION -- Players must collaborate on one project.

Pretend you and your team mate are sitting on a porch, sipping a cup of tea and chatting. You stumble upon the topic of storytelling, your eyes light up and you begin talking about why storytelling is so important to each of you.


Please create a layout that expresses what storytelling means to each of you. Why did you each choose this form (scrapbooking in general and/or digital specifically) to tell your stories? Why is storytelling important? How do you feel about storytelling (is it a creative outlet, way to express your words, document your family's experiences, etc.) Why are you a storyteller? (You don't have to answer all these questions, consider them food for thought and to give you an idea as to what we are looking for.)

Your story must include:
{we are} storytellers word-art provided
At least 1/2 of the layout must be journaling, more the better
At least 5 elements/embellishements
No more than 2 pieces of paper
Only 2 small photos, 1 of each of you, placed in the bottom right hand area of your page. IF you have a photo of the two of you together, you may use it and only required to have 1 photo. The bottom line, we want to see your beautiful faces!

Due to the fires in Victoria, Australia, (and she was away donated goods to those in need) and my recent stay in the hospital, (where I spent over 36 hours stuck in a bed) Lilly and I decided it best if I scrapped the page since I would have the most time on my hands.

We discussed elements and the overall look we wanted. We also discussed the journaling...and even though I wrote the final journaling, she wrote the section about herself and sent it to me to incorporate into the journaling to make it feel as a story.

CREDITS:
Word Art by We Are Storytellers
Background from Impressions Paper Pack by Cen's Stuff
Rocking chairs by Jay Elliott (me)
Frames from Vintage Photo Frames by Nancy Comelab
Grass from Grandmothers Garden by Jen Ulasiwicz
Swirl from Magical Swirls3-Winter by Kitty Designs
Tree, Bird from Secret Garden by SussieM Designs
Cloud from Secret GardenII by Lily Designs
Font: Tall Paul
Program: PSP-9

JOURNALING:
We’re separated by a vast amount of water…Lily’s in Australia and I am in Alabama, USA…and though we are so far apart and have never been able to meet face to face, I feel as close to her as any friend that I know in person.. Every night, my bedroom transforms into a backyard oasis, as I log into Windows Live Messenger and see her name in bold letters. I picture the two of us getting comfy in the rocking chairs beneath my favorite tree as we say our hellos.

Some days we only discuss the week’s challenges and stuff pertaining to the ADSR4 season. Other days we vent about things that get on our nerves. Some times we just talk about our families. However, most recently, the topic of choice has been about our health.

Lilly has suffered from depression all of her life. Once upon a time, she was dependant on medication. Now, however, her therapy is scrap booking. She says it keeps her grounded from being sucked back into that black hole and it has truly saved her life!

For myself, scrap booking plays many roles. It’s a way to record history for my children, It’s an outlet for creating artistic images that I can frame and use as décor in my home. Most importantly though, it keeps me sane on the days I’m not able to get out of bed due to my rheumatoid arthritis.

Scrap booking, to us, is our lifeline…

No comments:

Post a Comment