Tuesday, January 13, 2009

ADSR4 - Challenge #4 - Art&Soul

Tangie Baxter hosted the 4th challenge...

The Art and Soul Challenge!

You both must complete this challenge! However, this is a FAST FORWARD challenge which means that the first team done can SKIP the January 18th challenge if they wish!

1. The Art of it: Your LO must have artistic flair! Literally! Your LO must have at least 3 things "artsy" and/or "altered" on it--(such as but not limited to: paint splatters, a paintbrush, paint spills, crayon doodles, goopy glitter, watercolors, canvas AND/OR altered art items such as wings on photos, art dolls, vintage doodads, ephemera, etc). Really stretch yourself and try something "artsy" that you haven't tried before!

2. The Soul of it: You must journal something from your Soul. Something positive, heartfelt and meaningful to you in your life! Something you've learned, something you've gleaned from your life experience. Perhaps something you would want to pass on to the next generation! (It can even be your favorite quote and why it touches/inspires you) Uplift us, make us smile--inspire us! You must share your journaling with us-if it's hard to read or blended into the background-part of the challenge is to share your journaling in your description.

LILLY'S LAYOUT:

JOURNALING:
Scrapbooking, to me, is so much more than just making layouts. I use it as a form of therapy. All of my life I have suffered from depression, but I am no longer dependent on Anti-depressant medication to pick me up....scrapbooking has helped me find a way out of the black hole. It may not work for all people that suffer from depression, but, for me, it has literally saved my life.

CREDITS:
Background paper, Black paper,2 Doodles and the scrapbook page that I am hugging all from My Favorite Lilly kit (This kit was made in honour of me using my favourite colours) designed by Sweet Digi Scraps
Butterflies and Clock from Remember me always kit designed by Sweet Digi Scraps
Singing Bird designed by Becky Wallace
Green glitter paint splat from Mischief Makers kit designed by Sweet Digi Scraps
Font used: Garth Hand



JAY'S LAYOUT:

JOURNALING:
ADVICE FOR MY DAUGHTER You Are...Beautiful
Over the years, I've realized that it didn't matter how others had seen me, it was how I had viewed myself that was important. When I learned to love every part of myself, not only did I see the beauty within, but I began to feel beautiful on the outside too.


CREDITS:
Paper by Cen's Stuff

Wings created from Lovebirds Freebie by KimB Designs
White Frame by Jen Ulasiewicz
Pink Glitter Paint Stroke by Meredith Fenwick
Paint Splatter Brush by Obsidian Dawn
Magical Swirls by Kitty Designs
Crown by Kathryn Balint
Doodles by Jofia Devoe
Font: Bradley Hand ITC

No comments:

Post a Comment